Guess what? I GO BACK TO COLLEGE TOMORROW!! Not that I’m excited or anything. But anyway, my recipes from now on will be likely just ways I’m getting creative I’m the dining hall..lol. But I pulled out all the stops and got creative with my lunch today and oh my god it was the best decision I ever made ever besides going to college and breaking up with my ex boyfriend. So, enjoy the sweet, salty, gooey, warm deliciousness that is….
Grilled PB&J with Fresh Fruit
•multigrain thin bread
•reduced fat creamy peanut butter
•sugar free strawberry preserves
•fresh strawberries and blueberries
•margarine or butter
1. Spread peanut butter all over one bread slice, and around the edges of the other, so that it holds in the fruit and preserves. Spread a thin layer of strawberry preserves in the middle.
2. Add a few blueberries to the side with the preserves, and strawberries to the all peanut butter side.
3. Put both sides together, put a small frying pan on the stove on low heat, and butter both sides of the bread as well as a bit in the pan.
4. Cook the sandwich as you would a grilled cheese, flipping it occasionally until the bread is a crispy golden brown and the fruit is starting to ooze a little bit out the sides.
5. Cut in half, and enjoy a PB&J that will raise your sandwich standards for your entire life!
YUM. I’m gonna get right to the point with this one, because this Mahi wrap is light, refreshing, deeeeeelish, and also very filling! The perfect summer lunch!
Tropical Mahi Mahi Wrap
•Mahi Mahi patty (you guessed it trader joes)
•1/2 an avocado
•pineapple salsa (Newman’s own makes a great one, or do it homemade!)
•extra virgin olive oil
1. There’s a couple ways you can cook the fish, but I decided to pan fry mine in some extra virgin olive oil so I could make sure it was cooked exactly how I wanted. Lightly coat a pan with the oil and cook it on medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side.
2. Cut the finished Mahi into bite size pieces onto the spinach tortilla. Top with avocado slices, pineapple chunks, lettuce, tomato, and pineapple salsa.
3. Roll into a wrap, cut in half, and enjoy!!
As summer comes to a close and I prepare to head back to school, I’m finding less and less time to make my own meals, but I finally got a chance to sit down and make a quick dinner for myself tonight, which took a total of probably 10 minutes. It’s filling but healthy and satisfying!
The Perfect Summer Meal
•veggie burger patty (I used Morning Star veggie grillers, it’s really flavorful and tasty)
•sweet potato tots (frozen) ….trader joes duh
1. Heat the burger in the microwave and place on a dinner plate when done, without a bun. You don’t need the extra carbs!
2. While the burger is heating, place sweet potato tots on a tray over tin foil and heat in toaster oven following directions on package.
3. Slice and spread fresh avocado on the burger patty, top with lettuce, a slice of tomato, and pineapple for some sweetness.
4. Pair with finished sweet potato tots and some ketchup, and enjoy!
EVERYTHING IS SORE. People of the blogging world I have found the answer. I’m not sure what the question was but I know the answer. It is this workout. I just did this and in the best way possible I wanted to throw up and die afterwards. But this is a fantastic and challenging full body workout that not only will get your heart pumping and your pores sweating, it also combines strength training to really target specific muscles. Your booty will be screaming for pain but it will be tighter and toned! Enjoy and tell me if you could survive the challenge! (And don’t be fooled by the pretty color font)
How many of you after getting home from work just want to bite into a giant, juicy cheeseburger from Five Guys and call it a day? UGH ME TOO. The struggle is real. But I’m still sticking to this healthy kick!! And I’m glad I didn’t go for the cheeseburger, but instead some deeeelish pasta with a little bit of spice and a lot of benefits. So here is my recipe for you to enjoy! And as usual, it takes less than 15 minutes.
Gluten Free Basil Red Pepper Pasta
•8 oz box of quinoa pasta (you guessed it, trader joes)
• approx 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• fresh basil
• crushed red pepper
1. Bring water and 2 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt to boil, add in pasta while still boiling. Cook uncovered for 6-9 minutes, and don’t over cook! It will be mush if ya do. When pasta is ready, pour it into a colander to drain.
• shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
3. Pour pasta into a bowl. Drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil over pasta, sprinkle fresh basil, crushed red pepper, desired amount of salt, and Parmesan over the dish if you like. I succumbed to my cheesy desire a little bit, but only for flavor!
This is more of a review than actual recipes, but if you have never been to Trader Joes before, please read on because my obsession is growing and growing and cannot be stopped.
Sweet Potato Tots
YUM. I literally just had these for a snack and they are the perfect way to hit the spot. Light and sweet and fluffy with just a little bit of crisp, add some ketchup or ranch and enjoy!
Seaweed Fried Rice
This is a great vegan option. It has tofu instead of pork, beef, and chicken, but you’d never notice the difference. It also uses edamame instead of peas and doesn’t load up on soy sauce like the restaurants do. That way you get all the yummy flavor of fried rice without the unneeded sodium!
Dark Chocolate Frozen Bananas
Indulge yourself. Dark chocolate is actually good for you, it has a lot of antioxidants and not all the sugar that milk chocolate has, and bananas are a super food. These are a great little dessert too, because just 2 or 3 fill you right up.
Mahi Mahi Burgers
NEED I SAY MORE?? Recipe coming soon for tropical Mahi burgers!!
This is all for now, but I will totally post more as I make my way through this entire wonderful grocery store. Thanks for readin friendz
Vegetarian meatball parm wrap? Can it be true??? IT IS. And it’s yummy and tastes just like the real deal which I was so craving, and took me less than 5 minutes to make. Here’s what you need and how to do it!
Vegetarian Meatball Parm Wrap
•6-7 meatless meatballs
•grated Parmesan cheese (ok so I cheated on being vegan for one meal SUE ME)
1. Heat the meatballs up for about a minute in the microwave. I use these from Trader Joes.
2. Spread sauce on tortilla and heat for 25-30 seconds in the microwave.
3. Cut meatballs in half and disperse in sauce, sprinkle as much Parmesan cheese on as your little heart desires.
4. Wrap and enjoy!!